Application of Total Internal Reflection:
1. Optical fibers
- Commonly used in endoscopes and telecommunications
2. Rain sensors or switches in vehicles
- Mainly used to activate a water conservation device connected to an automatic irrigation system that causes the system to shut down in the event of rainfall or to protect the interior of an automobile from rain and to support the automatic mode windshields or wind screens
3. Prism binoculars
- Use the principle of total internal reflection to get an improved image and higher magnification
4. Sparkling diamonds
- Use of the critical angle to cut the diamond which gives its maximum sparkle
-Used to view the anatomical angle formed between the eye's cornea and iris.
6. Flashlight lenses
-Reflect light through a more optically dense medium to a less optically dense medium.